What is Liverpool Future Communities?
2021 might have not have started the way we all planned, but with our new Liverpool Future Communities traineeship, you can explore how to stay healthy and resilient during this strange and challenging time, as well as exploring the careers available in sport and healthy living, and making a difference to your community! Our programme is an 18 week free traineeship programme for 16-24 year olds – a new way of kickstarting your future career.
With Liverpool Future Communities, you’ll be finding out how to make a difference to your community and understanding the power of staying healthy, both mentally and physically, getting you ready for the world of work at the same time.
On the programme, you’ll develop key employability skills, looking at interview skills, CVs and more – as well as an 8 week placement with an employer. We’ll build a career map, looking at the world of sport and the roles available – it’s not just athletes and players, there’s training, marketing, finance and much more!
With the Liverpool Future Communities traineeship, we want you to be able to make a difference to your area. You’ll look at key issues such as equality, the Black Lives Matter movement, and work on a community project.
We’ll have sessions delivered by the Liverpool Football Club Foundation and talks from experts, so you can realise your potential, understand the power of support, and get ready for your future!
What will you achieve?
- Boost your functional skills such as English and Maths.
- Explore roles and make a careers map, with a focus on the sport industry!
- Get ready to test yourself with some HIIT and activity training!
- Work with organisations such as LFC Foundation to explore issues such as equality and diversity.
- Look at coaching skills, so you're ready to lead or work as a team!
- Think of a community project to work on, making a difference to your area.
- Gain an NCFE Level 1 qualification.
- Work experience. 8 weeks to develop skills and confidence with real work placements to support your career dreams!
With guest speakers from:
What will you learn?
Liverpool Future Communities lets you gain the knowledge you need for your future career, the chance to experience the world of sport, and the opportunity to make a difference to your area - but what will you get out of it? The knowledge you'll gain is key! You'll:
- Develop your functional skills such as English and Maths.
- Map out the careers available in sport, understanding how the industry works and the types of roles available.
- Understand British Values and how we can use them to make our community better.
- Grow your knowledge of fitness - from coaching, to HIIT, healthy lifestyles and sexual health.
- Get key knowledge of community issues, from racism and equality to freedom.
It's not just knowledge, on our Liverpool Future Communities programme, you'll gain valuable skills, including:
- Employability skills to help you on the way to your dream career, from interview skills to CV writing.
- The ability to work as a team on key projects, as well as on your own.
- Communication skills - not just as part of your team, but for debating, understanding and respecting diverse views, and even body language.
- Skills in writing, rehearsing, arranging and structuring for presentations.
One of the keys to success in your future career is having the right attitude. You'll:
- Increase your confidence and be ready to approach the world of work.
- Be able to think critically, not just about your own work, but others' opinions too.
- Understand how equality and diversity play a huge part in making better communities.
APPLY FOR OUR TRAINEESHIP NOW!
What is a traineeship?
With a traineeship, you’re getting started in the sector you want to work in, with a course that’s all about getting you the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
We’re not like school or college. You’ll learn in a dynamic way, with work placements, time at our campus in Liverpool City Centre, and online classes. We work with employers across the Liverpool City Region to get you real work experience, and our tutors are friendly and committed to making you shine – they’re on-hand to give you support with English and Maths, and develop your CV and employability skills.