Safety First at TLF
Welcome to The Learning Foundry - TLF! We're excited to help you to achieve your full potential! Whilst we always plan on making our programmes engaging, this year will be a little bit different due to Covid-19.
Our number one aim is to keep all learners, colleagues and others safe. We understand that you may be anxious coming to campus and our aim is to support you in every way that we can!
Please see our guidance about coming to campus below and please respect and follow this guidance as a priority!
We look forward to meeting you soon and making your talent shine!🌟
The Learning Foundry
COVID-19 update for May 2021
From 17th May 2021, learners and staff will no longer be required to wear masks in classrooms, unless they choose to. Masks will be required when moving around communal areas and where 1m social distancing cannot be maintained.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
Our number one aim is to keep all learners, colleagues and others safe. Find out more below about the changes we've been made to keep you safe and make your talent shine!
Arrival on Campus
What do I Need to Know About Arriving at The Learning Foundry Campus?
Please attend the TLF campus on time for your class. Your welcome email will provide details of class days and start/finish times and which room you will be in.
The risk assessment for The Learning Foundry can be found here >
It is important you arrive on time, but please do not arrive too early as we are trying to reduce the length of time you need to be on campus, other than attending class. For safety reasons we will also be asking that you leave the campus when your class finishes to ensure the room can be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
The TLF campus is situated in the Watson Building, located on Renshaw Street, Liverpool L1 2SA. On arrival, enter via the main entrance into the Watson Building reception. There are a couple of steps leading from reception up to the campus, a lift is also available and should be accessed by one person at a time. The TLF campus entrance door is to your right and is clearly signed as The Learning Foundry.
A wall mounted buzzer is located to the right of the double entrance doors to press for access. Here are some dos and don’ts upon arrival to ensure we keep each other safe.
- Use the sanitising dispenser before entering, also located on the wall, before activating the buzzer.
- Form an orderly queue with 2-metre minimum space between each person if others are waiting to enter the campus.
- Wear a face covering whilst at the campus, except when eating or drinking
- Stand too close to others.
- Sign in at the main reception at the Watson Building. We will sign you in when you get to your class.
- Don’t come into the campus if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, but have not yet tested positive. You must follow the government guidelines on immediate self-isolation and get tested as soon as possible.
Travel To Campus
What do I Need to Know About Travelling to Campus?
Where possible, you should travel to the campus by car, on foot or by bicycle, avoiding the use of public transport. If you need to use public transport, please consider the Government advice in relation to travel which includes:
- to make contactless payments where possible
- to start or end your journey at a quieter stop or station
- to walk some of the journey if it helps to avoid greater numbers of passengers
- to maintain social distancing as much as possible, face away from other people, avoid physical contact and wait for passengers to get off before you board
- to be aware of touching surfaces, avoid touching your face
- avoid consuming food and drink in public transport, where possible
- wear a face covering. It is important to use face coverings properly and wash your hands before putting them on and after taking them off
New Measures in Place
What are the Newly Introduced Safety Measures at The Learning Foundry?
- The campus has been rearranged to promote social distancing. Directional floor markings and signage will provide instruction on how you move throughout the campus.
Hand washing facilities and sanitising stations will be clearly indicated.
Lockers are available for you to store your personal belongings. Please sanitise lockers before and after using the sanitising wipes provided. We also have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place which will ensure that key touchpoints such as these are thoroughly cleaned each night. Your tutor will speak to you upon arrival regarding locker arrangements.
Toilets are located in the corridor area outside of the TLF campus. Follow the guidance note on the door to ensure only the permitted number of people enter the facilities at any one time, wait outside or return if the toilets are in use. Please report any issues to your tutor.
On the first day of your programme you will be issued with a stationary pack. Please keep it with you at all times and store in your locker at the end of each day.
Breakfast - a packed lunch and bottled water will be provided each day on campus. A water dispenser is in use for you to refill your water bottle when required. You are welcome to bring your own packed lunch to campus if you wish. The kitchen area is currently closed, however our breakout area remains open, there will be less students in the area and available seating is clearly marked so you can enjoy your lunch, spending time with your peers at a safe distance.
Other Safety Measures
What Other Steps are The Learning Foundry Taking to Keep Me Safe on Campus?
- Keeping class sizes small to allow 1 metre social distancing
- Operating an enhanced cleaning schedule
- Issuing you with an ID pass on the first day of your programme which will give you immediate access to the campus for the duration of your programme
- Limiting the numbers of learners on campus each day
- Only having essential staff on site
- Not allowing external visitors into our campus
- Increasing campus safety checks from our qualified Health and Safety team
- Following government guidance at all times
- Having a separate room set aside so if anyone becomes unwell whilst on campus they can be quarantined until arrangements are made to get them home safely
Is Attendance Important and Is There Anything Else I need to Know?
Getting you ready for the world of work is our priority and therefore attendance and punctuality is really important. But please do not attend the campus if:
- You have symptoms of coronavirus. Follow the Government guidance on self-isolation and arrange for a test as soon as possible
- A family member has symptoms or a confirmed case of coronavirus. Follow the Government guidance on household quarantine
- You are contacted by the Test and Trace programme because you have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus. Follow the government guidance on self-isolation. You do not need to arrange a test unless you develop symptoms. If someone in your household has been told to isolate by the Test and Trace service but they are NOT symptomatic you DO NOT need to isolate, and you CAN attend the campus. If the family member develops symptoms, then the whole household must isolate and the symptomatic person must arrange for a test, DO NOT attend the campus in this instance
Having read all of the above you will see that campus life will be different this year. Whilst taking safety and wellbeing seriously we still promise to deliver a high quality and unique TLF learning experience!
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes, you must wear a face covering in all communal areas while you are at campus, unless you are exempt. You can remove your face covering while you are in your classroom as long as you continue to socially distance.
In line with government guidance, face coverings are mandatory in classrooms and communal areas.
In line with government guidance, we are providing COVID-19 testing kits for you to carry out tests at home. The kits are lateral flow devices (LFDs) and we strongly encourage everyone to take part in testing to help to protect our community.
- We will provide you with the home testing kits and for more information on how to carry these out on yourself, please watch the following video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XR8RZxKNo
- If you require more test kits, please speak to your tutor who will arrange to issues you with more kits.
- Testing is voluntary but strongly encouraged. If you do not wish to have a covid test, you can still attend your classes. Our campus will continue to be a COVID-safe environment and we require everyone attending in person to maintain social distancing wherever possible and follow the latest government guidance.
- If you do not have a test, your attendance will not be affected.
- If you have a test elsewhere within 3-5 days of coming into campus, we ask that you provide the details of your results. You will not be required to re-test in these circumstances.
- If your test results come back as positive, you must not come into campus and follow the government guidance for immediate self-isolation and further testing.
To find out more about what it will be like to move around the campus at the Watson Building just watch this short video.
We're Here to Help
If you have any questions, worries or concerns at any time please inform your course tutor straight away, or the duty manager who will be on site at the campus. Alternatively, you can contact Linda Reid, our Traineeship manager, anytime on 07971 316758.
Please give us a call if you have any questions before the start of your programme. From all of us at TLF, we look forward to seeing you soon and making your talent shine!