Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important Information
Your health and safety is our top priority. We are doing everything we can to keep you safe and protect the services that are important to you.
We are closely monitoring government advice about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and as the situation changes, we are making some changes to our services and working practices to keep you safe.
We have published some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to answer your general enquires in relation to the training and services that The Learning Foundry provides during this time. They will be regularly updated to reflect the latest Government guidance.
If you have read our FAQs and have not found the answer to your question, please call us on 0300 123 8088, Monday to Friday between the hours of 09:00 - 17:00. If you contact us out of hours, please leave a recorded message and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on our social channels as per the below:
1. What action is The Learning Foundry Taking?
The safety of our learners, customers, staff and wider stakeholders is our top priority and we continue to monitor Government guidance to ensure this. We have taken the following temporary measures to protect our learners, employers, colleagues and the wider community by reducing as much non-essential face-to-face contact as we can.
- We have re-opened our campus from 1st September 2020. The campus has been rearranged to promote social distancing and class sizes have been reduced to limit the number of visitors on site at any one time. Further information on the measures we have taken to keep learners, colleagues and others safe can be found here: https://www.thelearningfoundry.co.uk/keeping-you-safe-
- Where we can deliver our training sessions online effectively, we will continue to do so.
- We have reintroduced a small amount amount of face-to-face workplace visits with our apprentices, where it is safe to do so. Your assessor will communicate with you at each session whether your next session will be via MS Teams, in the workplace or at the campus.
- Our campus is temporarily closed to external visitors, this is to limit the number of people on site whilst we have classes running. We still look forward to seeing you through the screen, but hope to have you back at the campus in future.
- Face coverings must now be worn by learners and staff on campus at all times, except when eating or drinking.
2. Is the Campus Open?
Our campus is now open again for some learners. If you are invited to the building, you will be provided with health and safety information beforehand.
The risk assessment for The Learning Foundry can be found here >
If you are thinking about enrolling on a course with us and would like to see the campus, have a look at our virtual tour here >
Visit www.thelearningfoundry.co.uk/keeping-you-safe- for information about staying safe when visiting our campus. Alternatively, you can contact our Workforce Development team on 0300 123 8088 if you have any questions about visiting our campus.
3. What Does This Mean if I am a Current Employer?
Our full training offer is available to be delivered online and remotely. Our team have been in touch with employers by telephone or e-mail to make the necessary arrengements and answer any questions or concerns.
Our team will remain contactable to all employers and are currently holding online meetings with employers to discuss their training and recruitment needs. If you would like more information about what what courses and qualifications are available, please visit www.thelearningfoundry.co.uk/for-employers or contact our Workforce Development team on 0300 123 8088.
From July 1, 2020, we have started to reintroduce a small number of assessor visits with learners and employers in their place of work, but only where online delivery is not appropriate and where it was/is safe to do so. A full risk assessment will be conducted ahead of any face-to-face viists being careeid out.
4. I am a prospective Learner or Employer, What Should I do now?
Our Workforce Deevlopment team are on hand to support both prospective learners and employers to offer any advice and guidance they need. We are currently holding online meetings with businesses to support them with their recruitment and training needs as they realise the importance apprentices will have going forward, as businesses plan to rebuild and reopen. The team are also available via email or telephone, please visit our Employer Section or contact our Workforce Development team on 0300 123 8088. There are now an exciting range of financial incentives available from the Government for businesses to recruit trainees and apprentices. We can help you to access financial support and benefit from developing your workforce. Find out more here.
If you are a prospective learner, looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship, or already employed and looking to enrol onto one our training programmes please visit: www.thelearningfoundry.co.uk/learn-with-us or contact us on 0300 123 8088.
5. Where can I Find Government Guidance About Further Education and Skills Providers?
The link to Government guidance is below:
The Government advice for those shielding in England is changing and may continue to change. For now, you continue to be advised to follow the shielding guidance rigorously. This letter explains how the guidance is changing, why it is changing and what the change in advice means for you.
Updated guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19, as of August 18,2020, can be seen below:
For relevant and up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19), please see the relevant links below:
Public Health England Twitter - twitter.com/PHE_uk
The Department of Health and Social Care Twitter - twitter.com/DHSCgovuk
Gov.uk - www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Coronavirus Risk Assessments:
For any questions about our risk assessments, please contact Matthew Rothwell, Director of Safety and Business Performance.
0151 703 3190