At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Apprentice Dental Nurse
- Application closing date: 27 Sep 2019 11:26
An extremely professional, dental practice based in Widnes offering a range of services including family dental, hygienist, orthodontics, cosmetic, implants and specialist services are seeking an apprentice Dental Nurse to join their friendly team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Dental Nursing.
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety, infection control lead and manufacturers' instructions
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is always available
- Ensure the care and welfare of all our patients and their families
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Ensure complete confidentiality is of upmost importance
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Show full commitment to learning and training
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are an advantage
- You must have good IT skills although training will be provided
- Good organisation skills are also required
- Must be hard working and willing to learn
- Bubbly and friendly personality
- A good team player and able to use initiative
- Punctuality and reliability are essential to the smooth running of the practice
- Applicants will preferably hold GCSE grades A-C qualifications in maths and English (or equivalents)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37.5
- Pay: £156.00 Weekly
- There is a possibility that a permanent position may be offered on completion of the qualification
Things to consider
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates