At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Apprentice Dental Nurse
- Application closing date: 31 Jan 2020 14:34
A small NHS family Dental Practice offering NHS and private dental treatment in Digmoor Skelmersdale are looking to recruit an apprentice dental nurse to join their friendly team. The practice offers end to end patient care and a personal service, covering everything from routine dental check-ups to dental and surgical treatments.
Duties will include:
- Preparing treatment room for patients
- Assisting dentists
- Answering the telephone and making appointments,
- Taking payments
- Welcoming patients and providing high levels of customer service
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments,
- Mixing materials and Developing x-rays
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are an advantage
- You must have good IT skills as the patient records and appointment book are computer based, although training will be provided
- You will be expected to be able to deal with any patient in a caring, professional and competent manner, so good interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- Good organisation skills are also required
- We are constantly dealing with the public and patients are often nervous, making a professional and caring manner essential to the role of Dental Nursing
- We are a forward thinking practice and the successful candidate will need to be hard working and willing to learn
- Punctuality and reliability are essential to the smooth running of the practice
- GCSE grade A*-C 9/4 in maths and English (or equivalent) preferable
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 36.75
- Pay: £143.33 Weekly
- There is a possibility that a permanent position may be offered on completion of the qualification