At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Apprentice Dental Nurse
- Application closing date: 23 Jul 2019 13:59
Want to start your career in dental nursing? A new opportunity to join the skilled and friendly staff at The Dental House has just come up.
Duties to include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety, infection control lead and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is always available
- Ensure the care and welfare of all our patients and their families
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Ensure complete confidentiality is of upmost importance
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Always wear correct PPE
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are an advantage
- You must have good IT skills as the patient records and appointment book are computer based, although training will be provided
- You will be expected to be able to deal with any patient in a caring, professional and competent manner, so good interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- We are constantly dealing with the public and patients are often nervous, making a professional and caring manner essential to the role of Dental Nursing
- We are a forward thinking practice and the successful candidate will need to be hardworking and willing to learn
- Punctuality and reliability are essential to the smooth running of the practice
- Good organisation skills are also required
Applicants will preferably hold GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £136.50 Weekly