At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Apprentice Marketing / Admin Support Assistant
- Application closing date: 30 Aug 2019 14:35
The Marketing / Admin Support Apprentice will contribute towards the development of our partnerships and programmes by raising awareness of our brand, supporting campaigns / projects and growing our social media presence through business processes and procedures.
We provide award-winning personal development programmes that enable children and young people to discover their potential, explore the world of work and develop employability skills. Our programmes are delivered by teachers and integrated into the hearts of schools and colleges. Organisations co-fund our work so that they can effectively invest in communities, inspire the workforce of the future and deliver corporate social responsibility goals.
The Marketing Support Apprentice will contribute towards the development of our partnerships and programmes by raising awareness of our brand, supporting campaigns/projects and growing our social media presence through business processes and procedures. Duties will include:
- To understand and support the company and group vision, values and actively contribute towards achieving this vision within the job role
- To undertake relevant Continuing Professional Development applicable to their professional body and be prepared to undertake training as directed by the Group
- To understand and articulate the principles behind our programmes/services and to represent us in a professional manner
- Contribute towards the development of our partnerships with schools and businesses through activities relating to our marketing strategy, campaigns, activities and creative projects
- Raise awareness of the brand by growing our social media presence, creating content, engaging with users and promoting our programmes/services
- Conduct market research to support our sales and marketing strategy and present ideas to the team and/or line manager
- To use departmental systems and ensure records are maintained and updated accurately
- To learn and develop skills in the preparation and provision of services to external and internal customers
- Resilient and able to solve problems
- Analytical and good team player
- Excellent communication skills and able to deliver presentations and ideas
- Committed to personal development and teaching yourself new skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Flexible and adaptable to change
The post holder must be able to demonstrate our values in the workplace:
- Customer focus
- High performance
- Efficiency and value for money
- Ambition and dynamism
- Openness and honesty
Ideally maths and English GCSE at grade 4/C is preferable (or the equivalent).
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £192.30 Weekly
A potential permanent role in the business with progression opportunities to Advanced qualifications.
Things to consider
Are youi able to travel to this location?
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates