At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
- Application closing date: 30 Aug 2019 10:41
A family run childcare setting with 7 settings across Liverpool and Knowsley. We have a range of apprenticeship opportunities available and believe growing our own talent as apprentices is the ideal strategy to support our successful growing childcare business.
Do you like dancing to the baby shark dance? Do you like doing this maybe 10 times per day. If you do Rose, aged 4 in preschool room would love you to apply!
Do you enjoy wearing waterproofs, wellies and wading your way through puddles and mud piles in the park when we go on a trip to the forest. If you do Tyler aged 4 in preschool room would love you to apply.
Do you enjoy giving lots of cuddles to us babies when we get a little upset as we are new to nursery and miss our mummy and daddy’s. Do you also like to give our mummy and daddy’s a cuddle too as they can get upset when we start too as they get sad in a different way. If you do please apply, from Isabella aged 1.
Do you like messy play with flour, gloup, pasta, beans and play dough etc. Do you not mind your lovely clean work clothes looking like you’ve decorated your ceilings at home. If you don’t please apply from Henry aged 2 in toddler room.
As a Childcare Apprentice you will be required to maintain a safe and secure environment for all the children. You will also ensure that the emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs of the children are met and that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To support and assist with the day to day smooth running of the Setting
- Under Supervision, they will support a safe, caring, exciting, challenging and stimulating environment in the Setting, that is appropriate for individual children and enables them all to reach their full potential
- To complete all assignments that are set, attend training sessions as required, and liaise with appropriate mentors/support staff
- To have good knowledge and understanding of all children in their care and of the practice within their room, at all times
- To help and assist children who need help with all activities, including health and self-care, as appropriate to the needs of the child
- Work in partnership with all Parents/Carers, to ensure that all children, including those with additional needs are fully supported and integrated into the Nursery and encourage them to participate in their child’s progress and development
- Under supervision, to help to monitor, observe, assess and plan for children’s development in their Room, keep accurate and up to date records of their achievements, progression and any developmental concerns, as appropriate
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with children, families, carers and colleagues
- Well organised and able to cope and prioritise conflicting demands and made decisions effectively
- Be a reliable member of the team working co-operatively and with flexibility
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team structure to enhance the experiences of the children
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in literacy and numeracy would be desirable
- 2 references will be required
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Pay: £160.00 per week
A potential permanent role in the business with plenty of internal progression opportunities into supervision and management
Things to consider
This employer are running their own bespoke traineeship programme which will take place during September 2019. As part of the traineeship prior to starting the apprenticeship, Learners will achieve:
- Level 1 qualification in childcare
- Functional skills English
- Functional Skills maths
- Paediatric first aid
- Nutrition training
- Work experience within a relevant nursery placement
This is an excellent model which blends a mixture of classroom learning along with work experience providing an excellent gateway to a range of apprenticeship vacancies within the childcare sector. Learners will have the opportunity to work within a busy interactive environment with a group of likeminded individuals providing a great team work atmosphere.