At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
- Application closing date: 18 Jul 2019 11:31
Want to start your career in childcare in a fun and exciting nursery? Rotunda Playgroup are now hiring for a childcare apprentice.
Duties to include:
- To maintain a safe secure environment for all of the children
- Ensure that the emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs of the children are met
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered too
- Report to senior members of staff if any problems or seeking advice
- Adhere to all staff rotas and breaks
- To keep records of work, and plan and carry out observations
- To be able to work towards and maintain all standards
- To follow the Early Years Foundation stage framework, being responsible for your key children’s recording and development. All records are to be up to date, observations recorded and activities to be age appropriate and challenging. Next steps are to clearly be identified, use the EYFS book when gathering information to support all evidence
- To attend all staff meetings and training evenings, and days
- Be prepared for supervision and or reviews. Ensure that any concerns or further action support is addressed
- To ensure the health and safety is maintained at all times, including completing daily risk assessments
- To be fully aware of the Nursery Safeguarding Policies and procedure, having a great understanding of how to report a concern and where to seek contact numbers from as well as identifying signs and symptoms
- Experience of working with children aged 0-5
- Experience of providing personal care to children and recognising their individual needs
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS statutory framework and children’s development
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures
You should have good communication skills, confidence working with children.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 30
- Pay: £117.00 Weekly
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you'll receive full training and support.
Things to consider
Working with children is a very rewarding yet responsible role. You must be prepared to work in a fast paced environment being able to smile at all times!
You must be fully aware of safeguarding procedures at all times following the relevant protocol and processes.