At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Application closing date: 24 Sep 2019 10:51
A very busy dental practice in Hunts Cross are looking for a hard working, outgoing and motivated person to join their Dental team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career as a Dental Nurse.
Completing a qualification that's recognised for registration with the General Dental Council (GDC) is an essential requirement for dental nurses, and our Apprenticeship is accepted for GDC registration (on successful achievement of the Level 3). Duties will include:
- Assisting the dentists with suction, retraction, manipulation of air and water syringes, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials
- Ensuring all lab work is checked and available prior to patient’s arrival
- Developing and filing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment during surgery
- Carrying out reception and administration tasks
- Have a keen interest in starting a career in Dental Nursing
- Some experience in dentistry (desirable)
- Willing to learn / take instruction, possess sound communication skills and be able to work under pressure
- Be able to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well presented
- Polite and well spoken
- Punctual, trustworthy and hardworking
Maths and English GCSE grades A - C / 9 - 4 preferable (or equivalent).
- Employment Type: Full time
There is the potential to secure a full time job on completion of your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The hours vary, the latest you will work is 7.00pm.