At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Application closing date: 30 Apr 2020 17:00
A dental practice in South Liverpool are looking to recruit a Dental Nurse Apprentice. You will be preparing the treatment room for patients, speaking with customers, taking payments and welcoming patients, sterilising instruments, mixing materials, developing x-rays, charting in patient records, and following infection-control policies.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting the dentists with suction, retraction, manipulation of air and water syringes, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials
- Ensuring all lab work is checked and available prior to patient’s arrival
- Developing and filing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment during surgery
- Carrying out reception and administration tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Strong team working ability
- Professional, well organised, with an eye for detail.
- Motivated and friendly
- An interest in working in the dental industry
- GCSE English and maths at Grade 4 / C or above or equivalent is preferred
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37.50
- Pay: £155.63 Weekly
- Possibility of permanent employment but this will depend on the individual. This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent knowledge, skills and behaviours for future employment
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the industry and job role exposure, the successful candidate will be required to have all relevant Hepatitis B injections.
This apprenticeship opportunity is being managed by The Learning Foundry. As part of the initial process we may contact by the details provided on your application which include telephone number, mobile number and email address. This may be to discuss your application further which could lead to an initial interview at our campus in the City Centre of Liverpool. We advise that you check your details are up to date before applying and monitor your emails and calls regularly.
Before submitting your application please check your spelling, punctuation and ensure you have included as much information as possible. This includes when providing your answers to the employer questions. If you provide a good quality answer, this can improve your chances of your application moving forward to the next stage.
Please be aware this opportunity may close earlier than the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If interested, please apply as soon as possible.