At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
- Application closing date: 30 Aug 2019 12:55
Busy and friendly dental practice based in a multi-functional Health Centre in Kirkby, offering a range of NHS and private dentistry services are looking for an apprentice to start their dentistry career.
Dental Nurse duties would include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Follow confidentiality policies
- Report adverse incidences
- Arrive 15 minutes before start of surgery to set up
- Leave surgery clean and tidy
- Clean all necessary filters at end of day
- Disinfect all surfaces at end of day Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed Clean thoroughly the surfaces, sinks, floors and windows of the surgeries
- Empty designated waste bins containing non-clinical waste
- Act in accordance with practice rules and code of conduct
- Any other duties which from time to time may be necessary
- You should have good communication skills
- Must be very self-motivated and willing to learn
- Be highly organised
- You will be a friendly, outgoing person
- A passion to build a career in the dental industry
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths are preferable but not essential.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 40
- Pay: £156.00 Weekly
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company, where you will receive support and training.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates