At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Early Years Assistant Apprentice
- Application closing date: 31 Jan 2020 17:00
A very small day nursery based in Broadgreen are looking for an Advanced Apprentice to join their team. Based in the ground floor of a Victorian building they cater for children from birth to 5 years. The setting is very much like a home from home and they pride themselves in ensuring children get lots of one to one attention.
Duties to include:
- Work towards being a ‘key person’ as appropriate, having responsibility for overall children’s welfare, wellbeing, learning and parent partnerships
- Ensure that the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playroom are carried out according to the including of risk assessments, following any relevant procedures at the beginning and end of each day
- Set up the room with age appropriate stimulating activities following EYFS guidelines and update planning sheets to detail activities undertaken by the children
- Prepare and provide ongoing food and drink opportunities for the children being mindful of dietary requirements and in line with food hygiene guidelines including clearing away
- Observe and record development of individual children and record ready to go into the child’s learning journal
- Relevant Level 2 Childcare qualification
- Previous Childcare experience
- Good communication skills
- Passion and desire to work with young children is essential for this role
- You will be an outgoing, friendly and caring individual who is capable of working as part of a team
- You will be required to follow strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children
- You will be hard working, trustworthy and reliable
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Grade A-C or 9-4 in GCSE maths and English or equivalent however this is not essential
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37.5
- Pay: £146.25 Weekly
- Excellent career prospects for the right candidate
- Will work towards completion of the Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis