At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
- Application closing date: 23 Aug 2019 17:00
An excellent opporunity for three Housing Apprentices to join The Regenda Group and learn the skills and knowledge needed to start a successful career in the housing sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great quality, forward thinking housing business.
You will work on a rotation basis across a range of teams, including Customer Services, Neighbourhood Services, Financial Inclusion, Asset Management and Independent Living.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure the provision of a professional and customer focussed service
- Provide administration support to team members, as directed by your line manager
- Ensure that relevant systems are kept up to date and records are maintained accurately through an electronic filing system
- Learn and develop skills in the providing services to external and internal customers
- Build solid working relationships with key stakeholders including colleagues within your team, other departments and Regenda customers
- To undertake ad hoc tasks to support projects, as directed by your line manager
- Complete one day per week off-the-job training, achieve NVQ Level 2 qualification in Business Administration/Customer Service qualification, and use newly acquired skills within the workplace
- Understand and support Regenda’s commitment to investing in communities and actively contribute to achieving this vision within the job role
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s Health and Safety policies
- Undertake relevant Continuous Professional Development, applicable to their professional body and be prepared to undertake training as directed by the Group
- The post holder may be directed by their line manger to carry out other duties and responsibilities in line with their post, grade, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Interest in pursuing a career in housing
- A clear willingness to learn and develop skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to deal accurately with data
- Ability to learn to provide an effective administration support service to the business
- Solid ICT skills
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in central Liverpool and occasionally elsewhere across the North West.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate our values in the workplace:
- Customer focus.
- High performance.
- Efficiency and value for money.
- Ambition and dynamism.
- Openness and honesty.
No specific desired qualifications required but you must have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35
- Pay: £192.30 per week