At The Learning Foundry, we offer a wide range of opportunities to help learners realise their full potential and drive their career forwards.
Through our close relationships with employers across the North West, we are able to offer positions to suit all levels and experience, matching learners with their ideal vacancy and providing employers with the people they need to help their business grow.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to build on your existing qualifications to enhance your career, we will work closely with you to provide training, careers advice and guidance, as well as interview support to help you flourish.
If you're looking to kick-start your career, progress in your existing role or start an entirely new venture, take a look the opportunities below and let us support you in achieving your dreams.
Support Worker Apprentice
- Application closing date: 14 Jun 2020 17:00
We are seeking two Support Worker Apprentices to join our team providing exceptional care and support to individuals. You will ensure that you provide care and support in a person-centred way and give the individuals the opportunity to maintain their independence and gain new skills. Full training will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Working in partnership with our Registered Manager and Senior Team to safeguard our tenants at all times
- Contribute to the personal development and well-being of our tenants, promoting and supporting with safe and healthy lifestyle choices alongside varied and appropriate home, social and leisure activities
- Support Individuals in-line with their health care plan, including administering medication and attending appointments
- Support Individuals with all aspects of personal care, managing their home & finances, maintaining tenancies and look for opportunities to increase independence
- Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the mental Capacity Act requirements
- Take pride in the provision and working alongside your team to maintain a safe, clean, fun and homely environment for our tenants
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping and maintain confidentiality
- Proactively contribute to care planning and take ownership for keeping your own knowledge up to date by regularly reviewing all relevant documentation and training materials
- Work positively alongside colleagues, families and professionals and contribute positively to regular staff meetings, ensuring all relevant information is shared appropriately and in a timely manner
- Participate in regular supervisions to aid personal development and ensure good practice in all areas
Ability to prioritise actions to achieve goals set
Good communication skills
Good listening skills
A full UK driving licence (preferred)
Be able meet the physical demands of the job role
Attention to detail
Caring and supportive personality
Hardworking and reliable
GCSE English and maths at grade 4/C or above or equivalent is preferred.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 30
- Pay: £498 Monthly
Please note the working hours for these roles are, Monday - Sunday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm or 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm, 4 days per week. Shifts to be confirmed.
Due to the nature of the industry, the successful candidate will need to complete a DBS check before they can be offered a start date with the business. The address including is the company Head Office, the postcode for place of work will be L17 3AA. The apprentice will need to be aged 18 and over due to personal care needs within the job role.
The Learning Foundry will continue to follow the most recent and up to date government guidelines. Please note that initial interviews may take place via video call software such as Microsoft teams, Skype, Zoom etc.
This apprenticeship opportunity is being managed by The Learning Foundry. As part of the initial process we may contact by the details provided on your application which include telephone number, mobile number and email address. This may be to discuss your application further which could lead to an initial interview at our campus in the City Centre of Liverpool. We advise that you check your details are up to date before applying and monitor your emails and calls regularly.
Before submitting your application please check your spelling, punctuation and ensure you have included as much information as possible. This includes when providing your answers to the employer questions. If you provide a good quality answer, this can improve your chances of your application moving forward to the next stage.
Please be aware this opportunity may close earlier than the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If interested, please apply as soon as possible