Qualifications we offer:
Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
18 months (Learners will then complete an End Point Assessment)
Who is it for?
This qualification is ideally suited for individuals working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils’ learning in primary, secondary, or special schools as well as colleges in roles such as Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant or Specialist Support.
To undertake this programme learners must be working in a relevant Teaching Assistant or support based job role and must meet the assessment demands that will enable them to benefit from the qualification. They must hold 5 GCSE’s (grade A* - E / 9-3) or achieve level 2 in English and Maths during initial assessment
Learners will achieve Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Knowledge, skills and behaviour modules include: Understanding how pupils learn and develop.
- Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning.
- Keeping children safe in education.
- Using technology.
- Building relationships/ embracing change.
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Professional standards and personal accountability.
- Team working, collaboration/engagement.
This qualification will provide the foundation for potential progression into a number of career paths within the Educational sector including Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Assistant Teacher and Teacher.
End point assessment will be undertaken as follows:
- Practical observation with Q&As.
- Professional discussion supported by portfolio evidence.
Results for You
- How to help children who need extra support.
- Techniques for supervising group activities.
- Managing class behaviour.
- Preparing materials that match development needs.
- 32 UCAS points for a pass.
For further information, please download our course fact sheet - Level 3 Teaching fact sheet