- Are you employed and currently working on retrofit projects?
- Are you looking to upskill and develop a career in retrofit?
- Are you an employer looking to upskill your workforce to deliver your Net Zero targets?
Our Retrofit and Domestic Energy Assessor Skills Bootcamps are designed to provide industry relevant training and sector-based skills.
Our specialist programme has been co-designed with our employer network to fill skills gaps and support the sector's ‘Net Zero Carbon by 2040’ targets.
Who is it for?
The Retrofit and Domestic Energy Assessor Skills Bootcamps are open to adults aged 19+, who will have some previous knowledge of the industry due to their project work but no formal qualifications.
This training is for adults who are either in work, self-employed, unemployed or returning to work after a break.
Learners will gain new skills and qualifications aligned to the knowledge and skills required for retrofit job roles.
This supports employers to:
- develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need quickly
- futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market
- improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective
- recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset
We're currently working with housing sector partners to upskill their workforce and fill skills shortages. Our partner network includes:
- One Vision Housing
- Plus Dane
- Halton Housing
- Livv Housing
- Introduction to social housing and the retrofit industry
- The role of retrofit in home energy consumption
- Retrofit principles and standards including PAS2035 and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Net Zero Strategy
- Housing construction and maintenance
- Asset management
- Domestic energy assessments
- Health and safety in a housing environment
- Customer service
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Mentoring and coaching with industry experts
- Career development classes and employability skills
Level 3 in Domestic Retrofit
Learners will complete Level 3 in Domestic Retrofit which includes:
- Retrofit basics
- Home energy use and why retrofit matters
- The retrofit industry
- The role of a retrofit advisor
- Best practice for retrofit advisors
- Delivering retrofit advice
- Supporting customers
Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment
Learners will complete the Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment which includes:
- Conducting energy assessments in a safe, effective and professional manner
- Preparing for energy assessments of a domestic property
- Undertaking energy inspections
- Producing and explaining Energy Performance Certificates
Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management
Learners will complete units of the Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management:
- Professional practice in housing
- Housing construction and maintenance
Our Retrofit and Domestic Energy Assessor Skills Bootcamps are part-time courses designed to wrap around learners’ existing work commitments.
A mix of classroom learning, and practical sessions. We can deliver this online or face-to-face depending on the needs of the learner’s employer.
Learners will also complete assignments between workshops and these will be submitted for assessment.
- 12 weeks
- One day per week
We are developing a programme of Green Skills training programmes for 2024, including:
- Retrofit Coordinator
- Retrofit Assessor
- Heat Pump Energy Systems
Interested? Enquire now to get the latest updates about these upcoming programmes.
Skills Bootcamps are funded, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
Skills Bootcamps are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life.